P. Rüst (2007), a Christmas message about Isaiah's Immanuel prophecy, 12 p.;
http://www.aneste.ch/files/Immanuel+.e.pdf (777 kB)
or without illustrations, text only, 7 p.:
Translated from the German original, P. Rüst (2007), "Immanuel, Gott mit uns", Predigt Flüehli, Schwarzenburg (Schweiz), 12 S.
1. Isaiah's Immanuel prophecy
2. Warning signs for rebels who might yet return to God
3. God's patient compassion
4. Judgment for refinement
5. The wondrous Immanuel
6. Messianic fulfilment 730 years later
7. Education out of love
8. The atheistic circular reasoning
9. God's restraint
10. God became man in order to take all suffering onto himself
What is the importance of Christmas? A Christmas tree and presents? No, but these point to God's light and salvation as a present by his becoming man in Jesus. How is this at all possible?