P. Rüst (2009), message Flüehli, Schwarzenburg (Switzerland), somewhat extended,
without pictures, 8 p. (57 kB):
or with pictures, 9 p. (349 kB):
Translated from the German original, P. Rüst (2009),
"Die rätselhaften Empfehlungen der Apostel an die Heidenchristen",
Predigt Flüehli, Schwarzenburg (Schweiz)
1. The council in Jerusalem
2. What is the importance of this mysterious list of exceptions?
3. Does "fornication" here refer to mixed marriages?
4. "Fornication" is adultery, prostitution, or blasphemy of God in all other contexts
5. "Fornication", a deadly danger for christians
6. Do christians have to abstain from blood?
7. Noah's significance misunderstood by young earth creationism
8. Sacrifices and food statutes of the old covenant
9. No binding food ordinances in the new covenant
10. The new covenant requires a new law
11. Eat "my flesh / body"... drink "my blood" -
that you abstain from
what has been
sacrificed to idols,
and from blood,
and from what has
and from fornication
You are a priest forever,
after the order of Melchizedek.
For on the one hand,
a former commandment
is set aside because of its
weakness and uselessness
(for the law
made nothing perfect);
but on the other hand,
a better hope is introduced,
we draw near to God
Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood,
you have no life in you...
This is my body which is for you.
Do this in remembrance of me...
This cup is the new covenant in my blood.
Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.